View Single Post
Old 2010-10-25, 10:33   Link #85
Kamonichan

Personally, I'm picking up all sorts of romantic vibes from Kyousuke and Kirino. Probably not in-character, but the studio is setting it up all over the place.

1.) Kirino guarding friends from Kyousuke could be seen as the reverse, i.e. guarding Kyousuke from her friends; Kyousuke has no reason to interact with Kirino's friends, so Kirino's attitude raises way too much suspicion
2.) Groping scene would be accidental in real life, but this is a show about an otaku and a person basically being trained as an otaku; the studio put it in there to play up on the romance
3.) Having him listen in to Kirino & Co.'s conversation, especially unintentionally, just goes back to the old anime romantic comedy cliche for reluctant lovers

Basically, I'm thinking that the studio is using the standard harem flag situations because they want our minds to go that way. Hence I'm picking up teh romantic vibes. I will say that I'm glad they didn't do the ultra-cliche of having Kyousuke unlock his hidden potential to win Kirino the disc. I'm predicting Ayase probably already knows Kyousuke or has had a crush on him for a while. Otherwise, "love at first sight" flag raised.