Thread: Licensed Akb0048
View Single Post
Old 2012-06-12, 15:49   Link #1422
chaosprophet

This story focus so far is on the 9 girls from the 75th and 77th understudies generations and their path to become successors. Considering that, I don't think we are going to see any of them dying, at least not at this point. Maybe later when them all already are successors and in a big fight against the DES.

While I think there are bigger chances for one of the current active successors to die, the situation with Takamina doesn't seems a good one imo. If the focus of the story now is the understudies developing themselves to becoming successors, Takamina death would outshine Kanata's promotion.

If any of the girls are dying so her name would be free for someone else, I believe it would be a situation where they die first, and only after some time after the girl death that another girl would become suited for that name and succeed the girl.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mochichan View Post
but then wouldn't all 8 AKB0048 members have to leave or die for the trainees to succeed them? That's kinda too much.
Like Kazu-kun said, there are many possible names for the girls to succeed besides the 8 ones we are sure someone have right now. At least 16 different names have been mentioned through the episodes so far. And we don't know how many exists in the story universe, it may go as far as every girl that even been part of AKB48, they may even want to create a name or two (we don't know when the earth was destroyed, so at the time many new members could have joined before the end).

And while all the 8 girls are from the most popular AKB girls, looking at the senbatsu results through the years, there seems to be many others names popular besides that 8 that may be free for the 75th and 77th girls to succed. For example:
Spoiler for list: