View Single Post
Old 2006-01-23, 19:05   Link #247
Seiryuu

I've always said I like to watch shows for three episodes for those exact reasons. Many anime out there try to explore intriguing questions about ethics, love, and the very nature of man. Some of these put this stuff pretty far forward, and the first couple eps are very dull. Most companies can't do that, since they need the ratings to produce the whole thing, so instead they add in some bizarre characters and situations, along with lots of bishoujo or bishounen, so we're hooked before we realize that there's a deep lesson hidden within. If only school worked that way...
(NOTE: events from manga) I wonder when they'll explain Yasuna's condition. I've never heard of any disorder, psychiatric or otherwise, that would make someone incapable of making out the image of a person of the opposite sex. It does make sense, though, that she would be afraid to get into a relationship with the first boy she could see since he might "disappear", and that she would have a certain joy in seeing him take a form she'll always see.
This does raise interesting questions about the depth of love and how difficult it is to stay OR leave a loved one after a life-changing event.
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote