Thread: Licensed 5 Centimeters per Second
View Single Post
Old 2009-02-28, 14:12   Link #1000
alamarco
Why hello there!

First time I seen any of Shinkai's work. I'm really impressed with what I saw, the guy is a genius.

5 Centimeters per Second was amazing. I watched this first last night. After finishing it, I was touched. I definitely felt a huge rush of emotions coming over me. I watched the dub, which I thought was really good.

The Place Promised in Our Early Days was awesome. It had a similar effect as 5 Centimeters per Second. It had my emotions running high, and really got you thinking.

Voices From a Distant Star was decent. I'm not a big fan of alien or sci-fi stories so I didn't particular get overwhelmed by it. It was still an awesome piece of work.

She And Her Stray Cat were not on crunchyroll so I'll have to view it separately. After seeing all these works I'm probably going to look for them on DVD. Will be waiting for 5 Centimeters per Second though. I really hope they make a release with the new English dub.

Last edited by alamarco; 2009-02-28 at 15:02. Reason: Totally botched the name of the The Place Promised in Our Early Days, fixed it
alamarco is offline   Reply With Quote