View Single Post
Old 2009-12-10, 15:45   Link #6446
eaglei3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betteroffer View Post
Viletta was aware that Lelouch's Geass was light based, required direct eye contact, and was not a sort of psychic signal Lelouch could send out. This is evidenced by:

1. The use of floodlights and Akatsukis during the betrayal.
2. The mention of the goggles being worn during the UFN summit.
3. The sealed chamber in the council room.
1) The floodlights had no effect on Lelouch as he said it was possible to geass Oghi and the others, but the knightmares would be a problem in the situation. As for the floodlights and Akatsuki, the betrayal was going to show Zero's death to the world. You have to remember that Diethard was there recording, and had a script ready to be broadcasted to make it seem that Zero had died in death and not in betrayal.

2 & 3) These occur after Schneizel has talked to the BK, as well as after Kallen is back with them after the betrayel. Between Schneizel's research and Kallen who was close to Lelouch, it is very possible the information came from them. If Villetta knew before the betrayal, she obviously didn't say anything or was wrong on what she knew.

Quote:
Viletta also knew that a Geass symbol will appear in a person's eyes when their Geass is active, which was another reason for having all the cameras in Ashford and the comment about Lelouch having no opportunities to use his Geass.
I'm going to claim no on this one. Not one other person in the series other than those who had geass or a code ever mentioned once about seeing the symbol in someone's eyes. Way too much speculation on this. And the cameras in Ashford just meant that there would be no opportunity for him to get away or into a spot on the school where he wouldn't be seen interacting with someone to possibly use the geass.

Quote:
From here, the one use limit could be proven as follows:

1. Lelouch tells the BK that his Geass can't be shut off and proves it by removing the contacts to demonstrate.
2. Lelouch tells the BK of the one use limit.
3. Lelouch has one BK soldier sent to him so that he may Geass them to do something stupid while the others watch as insurance.
4. With the cameras looking at Lelouch's eyes to make sure he doesn't turn off his Geass as he does so, Lelouch then orders the BK soldier to kill him right there.
5. Rather than comply, the BK stands there.
6. Profit.
Once again as with Blade, nice test, still proves nothing. Tell me how Lelouch proves this test isn't a fabrication he came up with to 'restore' trust with the BK? I could tell you right now if I were a BK and saw this test, my first thoughts would be "He is possibly making this up, we have no idea if he can really turn his geass on or off, and we have no idea if he really used it again on the soldier when given the order to kill him..."

Quote:
As for Viletta, what Lelouch was saying to her when he blackmailed her into serving him was for the audience's benifit in giving us the "official" reason why Viletta was serving as a teacher when she had been made a Baroness.

While it is never outright stated that Viletta was made aware of the one use limit, the fact that she was made into a teacher at all suggests that part of the reason she was put there was due to the knowledge that she could no longer be Geassed. Think out it:
If only Lelouch knew of the one use limit, then why would Charles send Viletta at all?
Why would she be acting as a teacher, rather than sitting in the base all day, (she could still have an alias if she needed to run up top and grab Lelouch)?
Why not send one of the Directorate cultists to fill her spot?
Why not let Viletta run of to live in luxury in the mainland?
Why not thank her for a job well done and then kill her to make sure the secret of Geass remained a secret?

So you don't like the "official" explanation from Lelouch and substitute your own in that has no backing? The "official" statement makes sense because 1) As I said earlier, Villetta discovered Zero's identity in season 1, and knew the most out of the entire Britannia army. It makes sense for her to take this job as she still feels the need to gain honor amongst the ranks in Britannia. 2) The teaching aspect gets her closer to Lelouch to observe him. It also gives her an excuse to be able to freely travel around the campus and participate in events where Lelouch might be. 3) Villetta had an inspiration to try teaching after her encounter with Oghi in which he talks about teaching before the war... and turn 25.01 still shows her teaching at Ashford.
eaglei3 is offline   Reply With Quote