View Single Post
Old 2012-05-16, 08:29   Link #28889
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

Neither Battler nor George has any discernible motive, so it would ultimately be a Later Queen kind of thing if they were shown to have had one. There's honestly nothing I can find that would permit any one person to kill every other person, so the notion of a single-culprit mass murder seems by far the least plausible outcome.

But it is a valid question: What was Eva doing on the other side of the island? We know she was at least 1km away from the mansion area because she escaped the blast. Why? And Battler, what was their reason for being there?

Okay, so if there had been murders maybe they were escaping. Assume for a moment that there was not a series of murders. What would've driven somebody to go through those tunnels (or even go overland) to a place they may not have even known existed? Simple curiosity? Were they pursuing someone? Why Battler and/or Eva? What about everybody else they knew?

I suppose it would be kind of interesting if Battler and Eva had together solved the epitaph on the 5th and by sheer coincidence, either an accident or switch-triggering blew everybody else up while they were exploring the underground. But that wouldn't really explain how Eva would lose track of Battler or why she wouldn't tell Ange that he'd survived. Or why she wouldn't look for him.
This story is a redacted confession.

Blog (VN DL) - YouTube Playlists
Battler Solves The Logic Error
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote