View Single Post
Old 2012-05-16, 13:47   Link #28895
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenLand View Post
Presumably Beatrice would either be waiting in the gold room or would approach the epitaph solver(s) afterwards. Beatrice could tell them everything, including about the tunnels. Or perhaps she wasn't there, and they decided to explore the tunnels anyway. The situation would be either one where only Eva or Eva and Battler learned about the tunnels, or one where everyone found out.
Tohya specifically said that he's been told about the tunnels.

Quote:
I was told that an underground passage led to a hidden mansion on the opposite side of the island.
It could have been Beatrice or one of the "Gensawajo".

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenLand View Post
With the latter, maybe it was just luck that Eva and Battler happened to be the ones in the tunnels at the time. Potentially, the other characters could have been merrily exploring earlier too.

If it's the former, it's harder to explain unless both of them were escaping. Maybe it could be that they decided to split up to explore the tunnels before going back to tell everyone about the headship. Although I would have thought that Eva would want to get her headship established ASAP and not go off alone with Battler.

But maybe Battler and Eva weren't together after all? Battler could have seen something and been following her. My memory is unfortunately shaky on the details of this (it's hard to remember the details of all the locations! Ryukishi should give us a map), but the tunnel to Kuwadorian and to the place Battler might have escaped from diverge from each other, right? If Battler was following from a long distance behind, he might not know which way Eva had gone. Eva would assume he was as dead as all the rest of the family and servants.
I really can't understand why they would explore the tunnels when
1) they had just found the gold, normally you would go tell everyone about it
2) they already knew where the tunnel would go since somebody told them

They must have had a pretty good reason to start a 2 km walk to an uninhabited mansion all by themselves. Curiosity just doesn't cut it. And to add more to that, the timing was absolutely perfect. they had two whole days to find the gold and "explore tunnels" but they just happened to do it near the end of the second, and both of them.

The fact that Eva doesn't want to talk about what happened, and the fact that Tohya doesn't want to remember also suggests that something bad occurred during those two days.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote