View Single Post
Old 2012-02-07, 17:08   Link #259
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
I will be pissed if they decide to kill off everyone of Shu's friends and people who he has come in contact with as a means to advance the show and the Shu's development. A death here and there i can understand it forces the hero to face the real world and how unfair life can be. But to go on a character purge as a means to advance the story i will be pissed.

There are several characters that have roles that would benefit Shu after the fact so their roles are necessary. I will give this show a rating of 4 if that happens.
I don't think there have been any unnecessary deaths (of named characters, lol)... so far. They have all served a purpose. Gai finished his mentor job and had to die to push Shu to move on up the leader ladder. Hare died to give Shu resolution. Unfortunately, he is going to resolve to do the wrong thing first before someone (Inori is my guess) sets him straight.

I've been reading the monomyth to see where we stand and boy did we spend long in "Refusal of the Call" haha.

It's really fun to learn about stuff like the monomyth and different tropes but it makes things more predictable and less surprising... double-edged sword.

And match Code Geass or a Gundam series up with the monomyth, it's quite interesting.