View Single Post
Old 2007-03-29, 20:03   Link #7
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Btw, I don't believe that the show has much production value. The entire series is comprised of loads of static images in 1 dimensional drawing and hardly any animated movements. The coloring/shadowing makes the drawing appears pretty stylistic, but even that particular aspect of the show wasn't consistent. There are several episodes where the drawing just looks atrocious.
You aren't the only person to notice this, and, honestly, it's becoming somewhat of a theme in Shinbo's shows (make no mistake, I love Shinbo, but his emphasis on plot and the animation he ends up with are not the reasons why). I wonder if Negima!? is getting fixed in DVD releases as Moon Phase and Pani Poni Dash! were.

EDIT: Though I should point out that animation problems are hardly a problem for Shinbo alone (and I'm not trying to imply they are) - nor are they really something he can control. I actually somewhat like the solution he uses (to use a static screen of some kind) because it feels sort of artsy. But I find it irritating when episodes go by where I can't remember anything much moving.