View Single Post
Old 2010-05-26, 00:38   Link #10672
Judoh
Mystery buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronove View Post
Assuming that Shkanon exists, or any other form of twins, is it possible that --- pardon my silly response.
Shkanon = Erika? o_o Odd theory. No back-up unfornately.

Plus, I'm quite confused on Ronove's Blue when facing Erika in EP5. Stating something about 'calling something that's not a corpse, a corpse?'

Does this falsify many perspectives in some way? Because, it's possible for maybe an 'inside-family' joke to call it a corpse.

i.e. Oh look, a corpse (when it actually means, dead-fish?)

Is Ryukushi playing on katana/kanji thatwords on us? It seems that the writing and letterings are EXTREMELY important.

P.S. - Did Beatrice give an actual definitoin of a 'Corpse', 'Dead,' 'Perfectly-alive', etc?
I really don't think focusing on japanese wording tricks is going to be a lot of help in the long run. If you find anything let me know, but if there were any tricks I think we would have found them by now.

While a lot of people here do go by Ronove's theory. It's just that a theory , and it relies heavily on Battler being a very impressive liar for it to work, considering the red Virgilia uses earlier. The basic idea though is that Erika never saw the corpses and Ronove points this out in red. So someone can claim or "call" something a corpse even though they never saw one. Basically they can lie about it since they're witnesses and not detectives.

This theory has led to some theories for episode 1 where Shannon for example is really a bag of fertilizer.

But really you don't need this theory for it to work. In fact they don't really have to die in the cousin's room at all. It could always have been found in a completely different room and Battler just screamed as part of the deception and cried about it with everyone else. In fact I like this theory better because it makes more sense to me than calling a ketchup stained pillow "a corpse".

EDIT: Oh to answer your P.S. no. Beatrice never gave a definition for the word "corpse". However she did hint at fake corpses and fake deaths being possible in episode 2 in Jessica's room. She never really said she was dead just that her corpse was in the room.
Judoh is offline   Reply With Quote