View Single Post
Old 2012-12-04, 15:24   Link #3428
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
'fraid not. Bethsoft says it'll be out for PC and PS3 "early next year".

A number of other things in the DLC are reportedly "trollish" in implementation.

Werebears are in, but they're not playable. (this I don't care about.)

Spears are in, but you can't use them as spears, but as arrows. (justified in being Reikling spears and thus tiny as hell.)

Dragon riding comes with combat, but you can't control the dragon--it's a rail shooter. You hop on the dragon, and pick a fast-travel place on the map, and the dragon will fly there. In the meantime you can target enemies and attack with magic (or have the dragon attack in your stead) but you can't control where the dragon goes. We'll need mods for that.

The reasoning for the lack of spears is because its apparently impossible to implement them in the game engine. Which everyone understands is bullshit because modders have already accomplished this:

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Everyone? Seems to me this mod is impossible for the consoles. So he is correct. Again haters fail tolook at all possibilities.

By the way that mod is just normal combat with diffrent animations. Nothing special.

The dragon riding is hugely understandable. I cant wait to see how buggy and crashy the mods will be to fly full control.

Once again console limit games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa547 View Post
Hope it's done just in time for Christmas eve.
TOO LONG FROM NOW!... excuse me a mo-month.

Last edited by Kyero Fox; 2012-12-04 at 16:41.
Kyero Fox is offline   Reply With Quote