View Single Post
Old 2007-02-24, 16:45   Link #411
wsheit
Combating Spoiler Scum

Hey y'all...I've got a problem, and maybe some of you might have an idea as to the answer?

I've been hooking up my PS3 to my 22" Westinghouse monitor. The path goes from my PS3 to PS2 component cables to a Psyclone signal chooser to my quality component cables to my monitor.

I started out hooking up directly to the monitor via multi-av and never had the problem I'm about to describe.

Now, when I play a game or watch the movie, the screen will randomly go blank for a second or so and then come back- this is in the middle of gameplay or the film, itself, so it's quite distracting. Sometimes it only happens once every hour. Other times- like yesterday when I was playin flOw- it will happen four times in the span of 5 minutes. Has anybody heard of anything like this?

My best guess would be the PS2 component cable. I'm not sure whether it was new, and I don't know what brand it is- bought it online and the packaging was sparse. But it could be something entirely different. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: OH...and I should add that I haven't had this problem with the 360, which is also hooked up to the same signal chooser and uses the same normal component cables.