View Single Post
Old 2008-10-19, 01:48   Link #221
9taileddemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelion Xgouki View Post
The only one we see reporting to them is Regius since he is involved in the Scagletti conspiracy to import combat cyborgs into the TSAB. Of course this is done is the very ominous manner of darkened room with screens representing each of the High Council members with "Sound Only" on each. If they were a genuine ruling council to the TSAB, they wouldn't need for the secrecy nor such a sneaky means to accomplish their goals. Plus the only person who knew of their location was their assistance who maintained their machinery.

A council does govern the TSAB, which is the same one that gathered at Ground Force's HQ for the meeting right before the attack by Jail and his forces. That council consisted of the 3 legendary admirals and heads of each TSAB section.

The 'brains' as you refer to them were a means to develop the plot of bringing in combat cyborgs into the TSAB. Originally outlawed due to how they are 'produced,' Regius wanted to bring them into Ground Forces due to his beliefs that GF get shafted so to speak with all the Aces and powerful mages being deployed in other divisions. Thus they were the ones backing Regius and using him as their puppet of sorts to bring both of their goals to fruit. Not to mention they were over a century old which would explain the brain in jar look. The human body can only survive for so long and it was probably easier for them to stay alive with machines supporting their brains rather than their entire bodies. Plus it would have less of a trail to lead back to them with no need for food or other needs other than power and maintainable (which only their aid was able to do). Again I refer you to SEELE from Evangelion. Though they weren't brains but wrinkly old men who become a refreshing beverage. Yummy
I disagree with the first point. I actually do think they are the head of the TSAB. The reason they have to be secretive with their meetings with Regius is because they are breaking their own laws.

The sound only screen also is easy to understand. Who really wants to be looking at brains if they don't have to. Also it is doubtful the High Council really wanted anybody to know that they were just brains.

For the secrecy part about the whole sound only thing and only the assistant knowing where they are, it kind of reminds me of Black Cat with the Chronos Elders. They were the head of the organization. Everyone knew they were the head of the organization. Only like two people knew where they were so that they could avoid being assassinated. Same thing with the TSAB High Council (First of all I doubt they would be called that if it was supposed to be a secret group.) Since they are the leaders and are only brains at this point, they are probably freaked out about being attacked while they are defenseless. So they make it so nobody knows their location. Didn't really work in the end but it was a good try.

I do know about the council that showed up for the big meeting, but I don't think there being a HIGH Council is to hard to imagine.

Also, if they really were a secret group that only manipulates Regius, then why would Jail even use the time to kill them? He planned on killing Regius himself anyways and that would leave them with no connections.

I already do understand what their purpose is. I understood after just watching the show. My only thing is that I think it wasted time and could have been done in some other way. Seven Arcs probably could have just shown seens of Regius talking to Jail and removed the whole High Council.
I think there was only one real reason they existed and that was to demonstrate again how Due can change her apperance and is good at espionage. However she dies like two episodes later so why should we really care.
9taileddemon is offline   Reply With Quote