View Single Post
Old 2011-12-16, 06:33   Link #466
Zeroblade
エロ大魔王

Quote:
Originally Posted by animeruri View Post
I just want to bring this topic up: It's from Zeroblade's FAQ corner.

(lol)

I think Ukky said something that he cannot join the battle in Horizon liberation.

「もしこの後にホライゾンを救うことになったとしても、拙僧は動けんのだ。なにしろ拙僧、異端審問官志望で はあるが、K.P.A.Italiaもトレスエスパニアも旧派であって異端ではないからな。節操はそのどち らとも戦うことが出来ん。」 - p242, 1B.

He says the reason why he can't fight is because K.P.A.Italia and Tres Espana aren't heretics. Conversely, he can fight someone if they are heretics -> Galileo. He's a heretic after his discovery of Heliocentrism that refutes the word in the bible stating that the Earth is the center of the universe.

Also he mentioned something like his weapons are only reserved for heretics back in Episode 1.

Were Margot and Malga considered heretics? But if they were, Ulquiaga and the two les seemed to be in good terms just as the rest of the class. There was a mention in the novel that at first, back in their elementary days, there were much of a discord in the class (they were all in the same class since when they were small). But most of those conflicts were resolved when they reached Middle school. I wonder if these resolution also include Marga, Margot and Ulquiaga.

And why do Ukky aspires to become an inquisitor officer? I think there is an explanation in volume 1 but don't have time to search for it. (I'm scared to go to japanese wiki as I might learn too much)
Oh, thanks much for the info; I'll update accordingly. Skipped most of 1A and 1B (started at 1B, ch. 35) to follow the anime because my pace is like 40~60 pages a week orz.

As for why, I think his family had a heritage of being inquisition officers back before they moved to the Musashi, and his parents started doing antique furniture for a living?
Zeroblade is offline   Reply With Quote