View Single Post
Old 2009-01-02, 20:04   Link #93
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Block View Post
However, note that even though I already omitted most of Accelerator's character description, I chose to include the UV-ray blocking stuff since I believe that would be expected given the nature of his ability. One can simply deduce that anything not needed by his body will be automatically redirected, and since UV can do more harm than good (with its beneficial effects easily covered up by dietary supplements), it is reflected casually. Now, if you do a quick google one would know that no UV exposure = no Melanogenesis... My point: a little analysis goes a long way.

@sb: Don't trust Wikipedia? Okay.

PS: I just realized that his powers couldn't possibly be tied to just his skin, since he clearly doesn't have skin contact with the ground during his "war stomps". I believe his ability is like a small aura/bubble of hax around him, where all vectors within that bubble he can modify (like Mikoto's and the SISTERS' passive electromagnetic aura and discharges). This also makes the explanation for his reflective barrier much simpler.
A little... rather, I find it hard to even think about that unless someone told you it in the first place... There are quite a number of white hair/skin anime characters existing after all, and they don't all suffer from... whatever that's called.

Rather than the problem of true/false, it's more of the fact that it is written by the people who read it that's the problem... Especially with this series where the explanations/results/rules are written in a messy manner... The interpretations are different...

Right~ That's the thing. The author clearly declares his power to connect to his skin, yet she writes the story like it's completely different.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote