View Single Post
Old 2009-05-26, 14:43   Link #192
libba
nepenthes rajah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystique View Post
O.o
Am I the only one who doesn't particularly like Saki much?
Here's a girl who in just 5 days (in their real time) has stayed out all night with a stranger, lied to her sister, asked her friends to lie on her behalf, has a thing for her bro-in-law and strings one of her mates along for ages.
There's nothing about her that appeals to me (yet), she's too passive for most part, although I will give her kudos for asking Akira out for tea, since that takes guts, lol.
To simply say 'she's sweet and cute', just earns a scoff from me, I'm afraid.

I can't help but think this episode terribly bittersweet, it'll probably sting for all the "nice guys" out there, since Akira falls into that stereotypical category of the:

"Dark, handsome guy, with a mysterious air, a potentially dark and dangerous past, who's just really laid back but has this air of 'coolness' about him and seems like he'd be fun just to hang out."
He's the 'bad boy' who isn't necessarily good for you, but sure does makes things exciting and can sweep you off your feet.

My heart broke for Osugi, it well and truly did.
(I skipped a lot of the quote.)
I'm with you - at first Saki seemed to be one of those cute and ditzy heroines who turn out to be both very girly and very brave, like Orihime from Bleach. But eventually she became more and more boring, just an ordinary girl who isn't particularly smart or sincere, and the thing about her secret love kind of threw me off course a bit.

Though I disagree about Akira, he seems to be one of the "nice guys" to me, too, he just got involved in this game. The typical dark & dangerous hero has a superior air, a larger-than-life attitude.