View Single Post
Old 2012-10-10, 15:06   Link #39
Bassoonicmayhem
The Procrastinator

^ Rin (until these last few chapter) was always just a comrade of Kakashi’s who had died. Who—from what I could tell—he had failed to protect. In all honesty, I doubt Obito would have a last name if he weren’t apart of the Uchiha clan and was supposed to give Kakashi his eye. Whether Rin was a spy, under genjustu, or caught in the friendly fire of Kakashi’s attack, I really don’t think it matters all that much. Hell, Rin could have been similar to Naruto’s mom and had special chakra and they wanted that (they kept mentioning, “We need to get the girl.”) Maybe there was something special about Rin that was never explained or developed because really, those small details about her character aren’t important. Her character is supposed to shape both Kakashi and Obitio. She is ultimately a plot device. Kisihimoto will most likely take the high road, making Rin under a genjustu—somehow tying in Madara— so that Obito will eventually change sides, but Kishi might not. Who knows? I just know Rin has never really been a character. Just motivation for Obito and a suppression for Kakashi.

But am I the only one who is still slightly taken aback by how jarring the pacing for the past few chapters has been? We went from a plethora of poop jokes and now Obito is basically bathing in the blood of his enemies--in the time span of what, four weeks? Just seems like the tone is confused.