View Single Post
Old 2006-10-17, 01:04   Link #209
Cal-Reflector

Based on first impressions, its been a very very long time since a first episode of any series has raised my adrenaline so much. It was fun of course, for a while, to go "Oh look that's Eureka 7" or "there's Zeon!" and "that's Nakuru!" But this show will be a grand affair I think.

The Rozen Maiden ED however, doesn't seem fitting.

Also, the only other part I was dissastisfied about was how the Nightmare Frame in that runaway truck was shooting down my precious C&C Orcas with its cable gun. The sight of those helis going down was almost as anguishing as the sound of the little girl's crying being snuffed out by machine gun fire. (I exaggerate, the latter was far more anguishing).

Speaking of the little girl being snuffed out; people are concerned with whether Brittania/The Empire/The USA will be unduly portrayed as unilaterally evil and black: I think not; 100% evil antagonists with no cheerable elements are uninteresting these days. I forsee that within the big basket that is Brittania's forces, there will be a sufficient amount of "good" characters (Suzaku, for starters?) to lead to a schism. In fact, I say now I think that is what will eventually happen.

Last edited by Cal-Reflector; 2006-10-17 at 01:31.
Cal-Reflector is offline   Reply With Quote