View Single Post
Old 2007-02-19, 17:02   Link #9
Ama no Kagaseo
Your local dark deity.

Send a message via MSN to Ama no Kagaseo Send a message via Yahoo to Ama no Kagaseo
Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
You're thinking of the wrong Gegege no Kitaro show.
This series has been animated MANY times in the last 40 years.

This new one hasn't even aired yet, so I doubt there are subs of it out there :P
This new version of Kitaro is the fifth remake of the series, and starts in April 2007.

The new character design looks very... "soft".
It seems to lose the creepy look the original Shigeru Mizuki's style had,
in exchange fo the cute and cuddly look.
And gosh, Nekomusume never looked so cute!
Never thought I'd see Nekomusume with sexy bare legs sticking out of miniskirt.

And yes, I grew up watching Kitaro when I was a kid too.
♪obake no post ni~ tegami o irerya~ dokokade Kitaro no~ geta no oto~♪
♪karan koron karan karan koron ♪
I didn't really see the softness in the new design. Very glossy compared to the oldness, yes. It has lost the touch Shigeru Mizuki had but I believe they did the original version justice.

I wish I could say I grew up on GeGeGe no Kitaro, but I'm a little too young. I was just exposed to it some time in '05 actually, and still haven't had the chance to get my hands on a lot of the content. So perhaps my judgment in wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta Boshi View Post
@ Ama no Kagaseo

I was talking about the first part of the series the one in 68 . Its being subbed but hasnt gone past ep 1 . I didnt know about the 07 show . When I did check up I wanted to get Fuji Tv Bad Really bad . As the entire seasons/versions are rebrodcast to bring new veiwers upto speed . The new show will be a blessing in disguise and hopefully may speed up the subbing of 68-69 season

Oh, I'd love it if the fansub groups picked up this entire work. *-* Some how I don't think it's likely but at least I'd like to see the 2007 series.

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2007-02-19 at 18:11. Reason: merged double-post
Ama no Kagaseo is offline   Reply With Quote