View Single Post
Old 2004-03-04, 13:20   Link #8
Bullsquat
Strange Love

I would personally like to thank Solar for doing an unbelievable job translating Jubei Chan 2. In my opinion, Jubei Chan 2 is the most difficult anime of the season to translate and you have done a flawless job. The translation notes is really helpful and how you are able to use Russian, and Korean dialect and translate them is astonishing. I am also glad that you are able to translate the symbols on Buntaro's shirt, it's a huge plus. All in all, you made the series complete.

Of course, I would also like to thank Shinsen and IY-anime for also doing a fine job on Jubei Chan 2. Thank you for realizing how special this show is to fans like me.

I like to thank Lunar for consistently providing great translations from all of their work. Your latest work, Daphne in the Brilliant Blue is also a personal favorite of mine.

I like to thank Miyuki Fansubs for subbing the classic anime Miyuki, Meise for taking a chance on Touch, and Anime Urchin for their work on Rose of Versailles. They may be old, and many people may have forgotten them, but I hope you guys know what they mean to those who still remember them. Thank you for bringing these memorable titles back to life.

Last but not least, I like to thank Triad for also consistently providing great translations. Despite some criticism, I thoroughly enjoy their translation of Gunslinger Girl. Something about the way you present yourself that really catches my attention. Looking forward to more from you guys.

Edit: Anyway, there's lots of other fansubbers to thank, actually I should thank all of them. They are not getting paid and are using their time for the sake of others. Now that I think about it, this thread is probably a bad idea since it'll definitely leave a lot of groups out and all of them deserve recognition.

Last edited by Bullsquat; 2004-03-04 at 15:25.
Bullsquat is offline   Reply With Quote