View Single Post
Old 2008-12-29, 01:56   Link #215
nutype
Future MD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamma_Sennin View Post
Well true.. but he never once states he is god.. which is what i meant.. and yes the father, son and holy spirit are supposedly 3 different essence of the being... but micky said jesus suggest he was god.. which isnt true...

Also this link you have kindly provided (Which im not totally aware if is allowed on forums but idk)... states some believe jesus to have had 2 wills, one as a human and one as god... thus makes sense to fact he never related to himself as god... because he was human as well..

however I was just showing that although he comparing itachi and jesus is rather imprudent... his examples actually made them look rather similar...
Okay let's just get back to the heart of the argument. I really cringe everytime when I hear a character from a movie or manga compared to Jesus when he/she makes some kind of altruistic sacrifice.

You can practically pull out ANY character and compare them to Jesus in this way. Naruto is hurting himself to catch sasuke....omg he is just like Jesus!! Omg the hokage protecting the village at the cost of his own life, that's just like Jesus!!!! It's just endless and vacuous. I wish we'd all stop comparing everyone to Jesus everytime they make a sacrifice...that's all.
nutype is offline   Reply With Quote