View Single Post
Old 2010-11-13, 10:34   Link #238
Urameshi-sama

Kyousuke x Kirino is about as well developed as (or even more than) Kyousuke x Kuroneko at this point, even though I like the latter better. The mangaka's shortsighted approach to the series and it's expected long storyline really don't lend too much evidence for the final pairings from just vol 7's development, but the seeds are currently there for it to go either way. Kyosuke's a masochistic siscon who cares for his sister more than he'd like to admit, and Kirino's a tsundere brocon who probably has legitimate feelings for him (Christmas love hotel visit, fake date).

I'm with winkel in expecting Kirino to use desperation moves in the next vol, and I'm really curious (and skeptical) of whether it will work and how the situation will resolve. Kyosuke managed to misread Kirino's behavior at the start of the story for hate, but it's been hinted she was probably just resentful for some unexplained distancing between them (maybe Manami?). I'd expect to see a flashback or elaboration on that in the next volume. Though, I think the distancing itself suggests Kyousuke's natural inclinations towards familial love for Kirino. So Kirino's reaction will really be at conflict with both Kyosuke's natural goal for his relationship with Kirino and with her rival Kuroneko.
Urameshi-sama is offline   Reply With Quote