View Single Post
Old 2011-07-24, 14:02   Link #15
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
The visuals are very nice. Some individual scenes are great (this episode started on a great note, at least, with that movie scene). Some entire episodes are pretty enjoyable. But I feel like this anime is lacking good overall direction, and it's not really doing much of anything to flesh out its world, or make its supporting cast any more likable. Minko has improved considerably since the first few episodes, but other than that...
I cannot shake my impression that Okada is laying a ton of little threads that will come into play in the final arc, but it purposely obfuscating her true purpose in the process to keep the audience on their toes.

Personally, I'm thinking that the succession itself is going to be the core plot of the final arc. And I can't help but notice that the current frontrunner just lost the inn a lot of money when finances already weren't too hot (judging by what we've learned previously). The episode also seems to hint he very well may hook up with a woman whose advice has been disastrous for him, despite the presence of potentially much more sensible candidate (maybe Tomoe's "How many times are you going to go through this?" looks are meant to emphasize this rather than just to troll shippers?).

From what I've seen, most episodes and mini-arcs in this series only partially conclude the plot threads they introduced. I don't think that's an accident.

Signature courtesy of Ganbaru.