Thread: Licensed Kaze no Stigma
View Single Post
Old 2007-05-26, 07:48   Link #1042
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
How can goddess be a doormat? Simply because she doesnt have attitude. I mean all such characters ike Aoi or Belldandy are the same... I've always seen Belldandy as an emotional doormat; she's an unrealistic fantasy, written to appeal to men who apparently want to marry someone who's almost completely subservient and eternally patient. She loves to cook and clean! Her eye never wanders toward other men! She supports Keichi no matter how badly he screws up! Heck, she doesn't even argue with him!

Such character as her is basically the idealized 1950's housewife stereotype, a hoary old cliche leftover from the days when gender politics were swept under the rug and females were still considered second-class citizens.

I personally would like to step into a relationship witha person so that it would be a dialog between us, rather than into a relationship with doormat, where it would be only yours monologue, and in respons you would get only echo of your own words.

Back to the topic, yeah Ayano might be a little slow here but thats one of her charms. I just wish to see her growing slowly in a process here.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote