View Single Post
Old 2013-04-26, 22:03   Link #162
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
To Samari:
Just to let you know, Tony Stark hasn't been a weak drunk nerd in years. He took his superhero job seriously, which included shaping up. His body is the weakest link, which is why Tony in the comics and movie tries his best to keep his physical fitness and combat ability progressing. It only makes sense; suit or not, he now fights on a regular basis. If you fight, you would want to train. Knowing martial arts moves also helps when he is in the armour.
We aren't told this in the film though. Or the previous films. That's my point. The only hint we get is that he has a martial arts stand. That doesn't mean anything. Expecting the audience to already know what Tony is combat proficient and can infiltrate a facility while taking out armed guards using martial arts and dodging folks left and right Jackie Chan style is just lazy to me and serves as just a means to get from point A to B. He makes it seem like anyone could walk in and be a badass. All you need is a martial arts prop in your studio! I'm going to watch the film again in the near future to see if my opinion has changed, but right now that is one of the major problems with this film for me.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote