Thread: Crunchyroll Saint Seiya Omega
View Single Post
Old 2013-04-04, 09:30   Link #2131
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Now that we already understand each other, do you still have something more to argue?
Not fired up at all. What I'm disagreeing is with you though is the target audience. From my impression is that you are assuming that just because everything falls under the "Saint Seiya" franchise and that because the old Cloth Legend series is running out of old characters to turn into figures it would automatically mean the other series like Omega and LC will naturally get folded into that line of toys. What I'm arguing is that this is very unlikely as currently nearly all Saint Seiya toys are being bought by fans of the old series which seems to have little to no interest in buying toys of Omega and LC - this is supported by two pieces of evidences; namely the previous LC figures didn't do well enough for Bandai to keep making characters from LC into the Cloth Legend series and they even let LC toys drop off the radar completely missing out on the marketing opportunity when LC was still being released in OVA form, and two Kouga's figure doesn't belong to Cloth Legend but a lower age group of toy line the SH Figure Arts. I guess what I am saying is that even when the current fans get sick of buying old Saint Seiya toys and after the many attempted reboots they would still not be looking at Omega and LC toys - as from the evidence there actually exists at least two groups of non-overlaping fans, and it seems Bandai is aware of this too. Therefore whether Bandai would actually release toys of Omega and LC wouldn't depend on whether they ran out of figures of the old series to make but rather whether the younger group of fans of LC/Omega are deemed to be worth trying to explore as a market or not.
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote