View Single Post
Old 2007-04-21, 13:15   Link #10
Phantom-Takaya
INTJ
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via MSN to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via Yahoo to Phantom-Takaya
That is correct Jinto_Lin. For some reason, the name was eluding me last night.

Jinto_Lin is right. Make sure your firewall is set to ask you whether to allow or deny certain programs to upload (or even download) things. It's annoying at first since it would constantly ask you what you would like to do for each program that requires an internet connection, but it will eventually lessen since it gives you the option to tell the firewall to store each choice you make. One great perk to doing it this way is that not only will it alert you the programs that use your connection, but it also alerts alerts you other files that do so as well. Some dll files will also attempt to use the internet connection and that's when it usually becomes questionable and you should be alerted for.

I heavily emphasis on resolving the problem in safe mode with the sole reason of the fact that it won't be able to use any available networking at the very least. Another good reason, though it is not always the case, is that some of these trojans and virii are prevented to properly "activate" due to said algorithms require certain conditions to be active that safe mode currently has disabled. I even recommend installing any firewall, virus scanners and any other utilities in safe mode.
Phantom-Takaya is offline   Reply With Quote