View Single Post
Old 2010-11-18, 10:57   Link #38
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by shibakun View Post
Since there is no thread to ask for questions, I thought of just asking my question here.

So based from what I understand, Keima is tasked to 'capture' these loose souls , correct? Let's say in Konan's arc, Kanon has/is? a loose soul. Does this mean when Keima 'captures' the loose soul, Kanon disappears in real life?

Sorry I'm kinda lost in the agenda of the story.

Is this the gist of the hero's actions?
-----------------------------------------------
Keima looks for loose soul > Purge soul (satisfy what it is looking for) > soul passes on to the other world > Human containing the soul (in this episode it's Kanon) continues on with life / or is human container already 'dead' but just came back to satisfy what it was looking for (in Kanon's case, popularity and recognition)?

If anyone can please shed some light on this. I'm really lost on the hero's agenda and the sequence of events in capturing a soul.
No. You got it wrong. You might want to watch the first episode again, but here is the summary of what we know so far:

There are "loose souls" (ie evil spirits) that have escaped from Hell. They then find girls with "a gap in their heart" which allows them to enter the girl and hide in her.
Spoiler for Why only girls? Not a plot spoiler, but extra info that hasn't been mentioned in the anime:

Elsie is tasked with recovering them. She has chosen Keima to help her her as her "human buddy". His task is to fill up the gap in the girls heart so that the evil spirit is forced out and Elsie can capture them. Keima fills the gap by making the girl fall in love with him.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2010-11-19 at 21:44.