Thread: Hajime no Ippo
View Single Post
Old 2011-04-18, 07:59   Link #1053
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
Tsuyoshi, i'm agree with Dorfl... but, you're missing one point, Ippo is a fictional character, this manga is full of fiction. Ippo wouldn't be champion in any country with Kamogawa as his trainer, but Morikawa created a world where Kamogawa is almost a God, he is respected by the press, when a boxer insult him, everybody see that almost as a crime!.

Now... i do think that either Takamura or Date will train Ippo eventually, i believe that Takamura knows Ippo better than anyone else and he got some knowledge too. But, again, this is all about Morikawa's decision.
Yes, that's the only reason that Ippo made it this far. What I mean is that realistically speaking, Ippo's mental health couldn't have lasted as long as it did is all.

I'm in agreement as far as Date goes. In fact, I really do believe he ought to be the one training Ippo. Takamura not so much because he's the type who wants to fight rather than teach others. Takamura generally likes to take a piss out of everyone outside of the ring from the way I see it.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote