Thread: Licensed Kamisama Dolls
View Single Post
Old 2011-07-16, 16:40   Link #165
Ziziphus
Whatever

I really don't get how one can hate Utao. She hasn't done anything wrong other than being what she is, a little sister. But for an imouto character I find her extremely well-behaved and likable. She doesn't talk much so she can't really grate on your ear. She's still a little girl but she always tries very hard and doesn’t neglect her study. She’s clumsy and tends to make mistakes but she doesn’t fret over it. I think she’s quite sensible and mature for a kid her age. What’s more can you ask from an imouto? And I’m not even talking about all the adorable little faces she makes, but that’s more a matter of taste I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0utf0xZer0 View Post
Unlike a lot of little sisters, I don't think that Utao will end up just being a side character, they seem to be setting her up as an active participant in the conflict. At the very least, she personalizes the conflict for Kyohei.
Yeah, I think Utao will just be as important as Aki in the story. She’s the controller of Kukuri, the main doll. She’s an important player as much as (or even more than) anyone else. (although haven’t read the manga, I could be dead wrong about this but I strongly doubt it.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0utf0xZer0 View Post
This episode taught me about Utao's perspective on being a Seki - for her, it seems to be a matter of impressing her brother and getting to play around with the world's coolest RC toy. She certainly doesn't appear to have an awareness of the problems Kyohei and Aki perceive the village as having.
Hmm, my impression is that she’s more or less aware of her brother’s hatred for the kakashi and the village, and the reason she’s trying so hard to be a Seki is to take over his burden and/or to be useful for him. If it’s true, that’s another reason to adore her, such a good girl.

Btw, if I’m not mistaken, Utao has a quirk that is calling her brother by name when there’s a third person, but changing to “onii-chan” when they’re all alone. That’s rather… cute, don’t you think? Showing her brocon side and her stubborn side both at the same time.