View Single Post
Old 2012-10-30, 10:20   Link #2057
wontaek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aya Reiko View Post
This was discussed last year.

Sauce: http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...05008&page=219
The person was just saying how you can cheat in ISML. Unless you can show me a script that can beat numerous vote checking algorithm we have, I believe we are catching and invalidating 90+% of botnet voting of the type he describes. Nobody refuted him because we know there are people who tries to cheat such a way. He didn't produce any evidence, nor demonstrated what he said is possible. Also, he wasn't claiming 90+% of ISML votes are fake. I didn't bother answering him because there was possibility that some votes of the nature he described did elude out myriad of vote checking system and in many contest, just a dozen or 2 could have changed who won and lost. To consider just that statement as discussion that thoroughly explored his claim is a fallacy.

ISML beats that 200 unique vote number in 14 countries in almost all the matches during 2012. I know from one Korean website, where you need a unique government issued social security number to register, that there was more than 100 unique voters for just that website who were voting in both ISML and Best Moe Tournament in 2008, when such SSID number was required by law, and when there were much less people voting in ISML.

To claim scale of botnet needed to justify your claim is to say most of the voters have average of 100+ bots at their disposal for just a single match since we do catch many bots in action. If you consider the number of unique IP address for the entire year, you would need 200+ bots on average since many people vote couple of times and then disappears. Please tell me how this can be plausible, especially since making and having a botnet should be illegal.

It would help us immensely if you can show us those scripts, randomized commands, how you can make/build a botnet, or where you can purchase/borrow a botnet.

Last edited by wontaek; 2012-10-30 at 11:58.