View Single Post
Old 2009-09-24, 09:48   Link #1998
SeedFreedom
Hina is my goddess
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstert View Post
Faith is being certain of what you don't see. So if you don't see a rule-breaking miracle, then all the more reason why faith is important.
Im a bit confused here. Maybe i don't understand this sentence correctly. Right now i don't see anything that can't be explained by science, therefore i don't have a belief.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cipher View Post

God is not Stalin or any totalitarian ruler. He gives us choice and freedom. He does create fate, but usually if necessary for the "grand scheme". This is Islam. If every humans wishes to destroy themselves, He lets them---our "ability to choose" was originally his own creation after all.
Then can i ask why god would allow so many people to die all in his name. If i am correct, Judaism, Christianity, and Islamic faiths all share the same god, but with different saviors (or none yet for the Jewish)(please don't be offended if i am wrong). Yet these three are fighting constantly. Why does god not end the bloodshed by defining one as correct? God is generous enough to give us freedom, but not to save those led astray by false prophets? He creates temptation, but gives us little to help resist it. He creates a savior, but only has it appear in a small region of this large world. As i said if believing in god is so important, why does he not give me a miracle so i can believe him, knowing this is the only thing that would convince me? Either god doesn't want me to be religious, or he is toying with me and purposely doesn't allow me to be saved, or he doesnt exist. Either way i see no point in worshiping him if that is true.
SeedFreedom is offline   Reply With Quote