View Single Post
Old 2013-03-26, 20:44   Link #155
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet-chan View Post
Although I will admit that I preferred the way they decided to make them interact as opposed to an episode chock full of Izumiko consistently going "eto..." and hunching her shoulders as Miyuki pummels her with full-blast assholery. I don't think I could stand that. =_=;
I was very wary of watching another episode after being so repulsed by the last half of the first episode (having first been very intrigued by the first half). But I suffered through the second episode, absurd as it was, and I will probably watch another episode merely because Miyuki was toned down by about 80%. If he had treated Izumiko the same as he had in the first episode, I wouldn't be warily waiting for the 3rd. I just wouldn't be watching this series again.

After watching the second episode, it seems like I shall have to put my soothsayer's hat on if and when I watch the next episodes. I expect that there will be further bewildering events, circumstances, and changes in attitude that explanations for which are, at best, only vaguely hinted at, leaving the viewing audience in a perpetual state of, "Huh? What? Why? Did I miss something when I sneezed?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dop View Post
The thing that got me about the second episode was that while she can make phones and computers go wrong somehow, they're letting her go on an aeroplane.
"Do you think that's wise?" I thought.[/I]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Lol. I was quite worried. They made the plane wiggle a bit in the air (intentionally or not) and I thought: "It's going down!" I thought of it as an additional bit of interest, rather than an inconsistency, however.
Must be that old anime logic. The aeroplane computers are protected by that locked door between the passengers and the pilots. Yup, that must be it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
As for Izumiko wanting to hold Miyuki's hand, that was consistent with her personality and experience, and with her reaction to the situation:
I'll agree with this, certainly, but it doesn't explain the drastic difference in the way they behaved with each other between the end of the first episode and the start of the second. Then again, I wasn't wearing my soothsayer hat when I watched the episode.

Quote:
Having now realized that she is someone very, very special, he may learn to be more accepting. Especially since his father is telling him to go away, a suggestion which he will of course resist.
Reading this I think to myself how very predictable this all seems. And improbable if we were actually to believe what we witnessed in the first episode.
FredFriendly is offline   Reply With Quote