View Single Post
Old 2017-08-26, 05:47   Link #6
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

I'm more partial to the Ramses II--Merneptah era since it's technically the apex of the Egyptian empire (it started declining after Ramses III and falling into the grasp of foreign dynasties), but I guess situating it in the Ptolemaic period makes the country more colourful and adds opportunities (such as Alexandria and the Pharos lighthouse, which can be seen in this intro).

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Not sure what to think about the disappearance of the minimap and the switch to a more Skyrim-ish navigation system (which I had nothing against, to make myself clear). I know people usually rolled their eyes when it comes to the AC collectibles (trinkets, feathers, bottles, etc) but I actually enjoyed running up and down buildings and terrains to find those, it helped me discover more locations and vistas (I remember two trinkets in AC3 that seemed almost impossible to reach unless you found a very specific path - it was a fun challenge in the end).

Anyway, even though I wasn't 100% impressed with the latest AC installments (I did however love the urban atmospheres those games conveyed), this one is practically a shoe-in for my (very short) list of games to buy later this year, if only for the fact that during my school years I was really fond of the ancient Egyptian civilization.

EDIT:

Remember that in AC2 there were, scattered throughout Italy, tombs of legendary members of the Assassins? The one found at the Basilica di San Marco in Venice housed the sarcophagus of Amunet, a female assassin who achieved fame
Spoiler:

EDIT bis:

Apparently Aya is Bayek's wife, not his girlfriend. They're just living separatedly due to their different jobs. :-/

Last edited by Renegade334; 2017-08-31 at 03:04.
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote