View Single Post
Old 2006-01-18, 09:00   Link #328
vin.dictive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProphet
Also, I think some people are focusing too much on the Chinese history (perhaps because they are themselves Han?). While Type-Moon might be more familiar with it that a Western audience, I don't think that that there would be many chinese heroes in the War.

Now, who among the legendary heroes in the Middle Ages would wear a legendary sword? We can safely eliminate all women, since they are not featured as heroes in legends. Despite Saber's gender, we can assume that she could have became known as a man, since legendary heroes were mostly recorded as males.
Nah, they probably played too much Dynasty Warriors. Lu Bu in blue tight, shoulder armour and a red long spear. Very niice. (I know it was used as an example)

If I was a scribe that was recording these 'legends' into books at the Middle Ages. Any female hero would be most probably written down as a male due to gender dominance and beliefs (females with such a role weren't accepted at the time). <3 the distortion between the TYPE MOON variations and the actual legends for a few servants.

I played the game (MrGuy is responsible for my TYPE MOON obsession a year and a half ago), my first visual novel although I got nothing much out of it until I read some translations. I need to play hollow ataraxia for the heck of it. =)

Quote:
I haven't played the game beyond the prologue, nor do I know the identities of any of the heroes except for Archer, who's true name I learned by pure accident about a year ago. And I will not in any way hint or reveal it, primarily because I think that his true name is just too good of a secret to spoil.

Those who want to know should just visit the Moonlit World and spare themselves the pain. But it's much more worth it to wait it out and be extremely flabberghasted. Trust me on this. 8)
Quoted for the truth. This man speaks the truth.