View Single Post
Old 2010-08-23, 12:00   Link #17
getfresh
done
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by DmonHiro View Post
Isn't what you said easily fixed by adding the missing font, or by using fonts that have that character?
Well the issue deals with compatibility in general. You have to think about making the fansub compatible across multiple platforms and configurations. This type of issue has arisen in the past with other things. I know I have made my fair share of mistakes such as this over the years by not considering how a mac users system may render things, or a linux user. The hope with bring awareness up on this is that fansubs created can be enjoyed by all who wish to view them without the viewer having to go through many extra steps just to watch a as the group meant it to be viewed to begin with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heibi View Post
Or by including the fonts in the soft-sub mkv file.
This did not work in the versions I saw the error in. the computer I am viewing on has no east asian support as it is a development computer with different purposes so it doesn't need tons of text support. But just adding a font is not going to help with something like this unless the font added is set up to default to the asian character set I believe. I could be wrong though because I personally have never attempted to fix such an issue as I myself never noticed when I was actively fansubbing.
getfresh is offline   Reply With Quote