View Single Post
Old 2008-06-26, 09:25   Link #988
sumowow

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigenbakuda View Post
The mangaka is watashiya kaworu. She is a woman. I did not know at first, but was happy when I found it was a woman.

And you guys are really ragging on the fluff, lol. I remember lots of people were like, the story is getting to depressing and that it needed some "lighter moments, but now, some are like watashiya wasted a month giving us this...Even if it didn't advance the plot (which it did), it was still I highly enjoyable chapter, lots of laughs, right? Do I have a warped sense of humor?

@Anh_Minh
Very good observation... the only thing I thought was progressing the story before reading your post was the fact that mimi's self esteem got a boost this chapter. Which, IMO, is very important as her character has been constantly shown beating her own self up over her body and her situations.

@Cal-Reflector
Oh, okay I agree with that fully! I would not have put her in "might help reinjii" category for the exact reason you list... Well the only difference is, I actually want them to hook up. I want her to be happy with reinji and for kuro-chan to be happy with shiro-chan (although her and aoki is pretty hot.... ) Of course rin with aoki and boin sensei being the mistress. No but seriously. I am not sure about the rest of them, but reinji x mimi really is the only solution in my mind. They are the only 2 people with no other options, or should I say no body else to like, but who they currently like, if rin leaves reinji then he has no one (the office chick, but you know I mean main characters), if reinji is taken from mimi she has no one else to like. Everyone else in the story has another person besides their main interest (except boin sensei... actually if aoki is taken from her what will happen...oh yea she is fully loaded... but story wise she would be in the same boat as mimi or reiji, maybe I've shot my theory in it's metaphorical foot, lol).

But.... there are not enough characters to go around (for everyone to be happy), maybe watashiya will pull a 10 or 11 volume story with this one and introduce a new character or 2 for someone else to be involved with... What do you guys think? Will it be a sad ending for 1 or 2 of the characters, or will watashiya add some new love interests. I know KnJ is the flagship manga for Comic High! ( or is hitahira...is there a comic high discussion thread?), so maybe they want her to make it a long story, so readers will be exposed to other comic high stories (like I was) for as long as possible.
Yea, i was thinking maybe watashiya should add another character into the story as well. It just seems like there's room for more people to come into the story and help advance the plot. It could probably be a new transfer student from america that would have a crush on kuro...oh the hilarious events that will unfold.
sumowow is offline   Reply With Quote