View Single Post
Old 2012-08-14, 01:50   Link #91
encia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timsel View Post
No, this is incorrect. Yui following not her father`s path but uncle Iwaya.
Spoiler for Comparison to the beginning of the novel:
No, this is incorrect for anime EP01 (via Crunchyroll's subs), it's her father for Zuikaku Type 82

CR's EP01 03:29,
: Wasn't the Zuikaku the unit your father help develop?
Yui: Yes

CR's EP06 06:14
Yui: In a way, I attained my goal. But I badly wounded the hearts of the other Eishi. The Active Eagle isn't even made for close range combat...
Yui: If I'm letting this get to me, I'll be a failure as a development chief.

Note the change of approach.

The development team could involve, hardware engineers, software engineers, process analyst, system analyst, business analyst, system architects, component testers, end-user testers and 'etc'.

Yui's role is at higher level may avoid boiler level work, but Yui was shown to be studying a prototype rail gun schematics. Yui is not a normal pure fighting soldier. More complex systems would involve more diverse skill sets.

Yui's character remind me of StarGate 1's Samantha Carter** instead of Jack O'Neil.
**Attactive woman, an air-force pilot (e.g. over 100 hours in enemy airspace) with a science background (e.g. Ph.D. in theoretical astrophysics). Like Yui, Samantha has dreams of family and children. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samantha_Carter

Calling Japanese TSF as junk may insult Yui's family honor. Family honor would be important for "Yui-hime".

PS; Note that, non-anime source information is banned this forum topic. This topic is not a free flow discussion i.e. limited to anime only.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-08-14 at 23:55.