View Single Post
Old 2013-10-13, 04:10   Link #163
JonSnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by ri0 View Post
Yeah, because of that fact, I thought the use of Haki would be redundant in that situation. Furthermore, Haki, until now, was never portrayed to be used like a barrier (that would render Bartolomeo's fruit pointless) but rather directly on the skin or on certain objects. To me, it looked like he simply blocked them before slicing the blades.
What's interesting is Oda's showing us new techniques in the new world. For example, the Happo navy's signature combat technique ( Hasshoken ), this kind of kenpo attack was able to damage and beat the fused Funk brothers, who wasn't affected by a haki infused axe attack. This technique is a must learn for Sanji.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
So.... does anyone else think that the dwarf army's invasion of the toy factory will take place at nightfall? I'm thinking this will be the case because it was pointed out a few times already that the toy people (Thunder Soldier included) follow some sort of strict curfew where they return to the factory at midnight. So maybe the soldier will use this to his advantage and lead his army to the factory as he follows the curfew's rules. And if that is indeed the case, I wonder how many of Dofla's officers will be guarding the factory? I see no reason why it WOULDN'T be guarded since the warlord himself is already aware of the factory destruction plan. Perhaps this will be when Pica finally makes his appearance....?
If Picca's there and he's the one turning people into toys, then the invading army might lose. Usopp turns into Pinocchio and Franky turned into an action figure toy. Then we get to see what really happens to the toys at midnight.