View Single Post
Old 2009-04-02, 00:39   Link #49
Cinocard

Quote:
1) That may be true for followers of their religion -- but to expect non-believers to conform is ... presumptuous at best.
2) The Qur'an is the main text of Islam... the rest is simply interpretation and doctrine, i.e. the mulling of mullahs, some of which presume more authority on interpretation of faith than they merit. A Christian analog might be some screwloose "christian church" preacher asserting special understanding of Christianity that involves torturing selected passages for their own purposes.
So? What's your point? You seem to misunderstand my standpoint. I never said we should conform it. If we write something against the text, we may very well expect some negative responds. Like when we attempt to portray Muhammad, good or bad, some Muslims won't like it, regardless of the reason was written in the Qur'an or not.

Quote:
Hopefully you didn't mean that as some kind of "justification", eh?
What I state is simply a fact. Let the meaning be discussed later, do you agree with that statement?

Any writer who writes sensitive things should be ready for, again, some negative responds. If we think something is bad, harmful, or offend us, we have the right to complain and protest (the way we think is correct or not, is a total different matter). And depends on how bad and harmful WE THINK IT IS, we will have the appropriate method to "complain." If IN THE EYES OF MAJORITY, we always take things over-seriously, are self-centered, and easily refer to extreme method to "protest," we simply become extremists. If the majority is like us, then we are justice.

Anyone here remember the case of Japanese's history textbook a few years ago?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cut-Tongue View Post
And the world should NOT bend to their will.
It's like saying: we should never bend to the terrorist/kidnapper/criminal/attacker/whatever demands. Well, it sounds righteous. It is righteous, but needless to say, it depends on specific situations for the solution.

Last edited by Cinocard; 2009-04-02 at 00:50.
Cinocard is offline   Reply With Quote