View Single Post
Old 2012-09-04, 09:51   Link #596
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

I think I'd be pretty wary about joining a particularly large guild at my low level (38). I feel like the potential to simply be used to help level the guild is high, and with a big enough group of people who don't really know each other it wouldn't really be all that different than just trying to form a PUG.

(I probably sound ridiculously picky about something so simple but I've become somewhat paranoid about guilds due to so many bad experiences in the past; from a server first guild imploding a week after clearing a new raid because a clique of friends all decided they didn't want to play with the raid leader anymore, to a tight-knit group of friends that was ripped apart by a princess/attention whore and her White Knights, to a guild leader changing the raid schedule to times that didn't work for me, with no warning and after I'd spent a ton of effort as a class officer getting people organized. Having an environment you really enjoy playing in ripped away enough times by factors beyond your control can really take its toll.)
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote