View Single Post
Old 2008-03-10, 22:42   Link #93
Aquifina

I for one thought that this was a strong episode.

Shana chickening out on the confession was disappointing, even if I was amused by the return of her signature line. It seems that the confession *will* occur soon according to the preview, so that also makes her failure excusable. That *must* happen, though, in order to square with the near confession at the school festival. That brief moment of shyness was cute, but anything more will be stupid.

All that being said, I had to like Yuji's grinning like an idiot on the rooftop when she nearly tells him, but hesitates, and I think you can just tell he wants to hear the confession. There's also that telling moment when after talking about fighting together, he then singles out Shana. And he presses her on the issue at the end of the ep; good for him! The emotional knuckleheadedness of the Konoe arc seems to have vanished.

For me, these are still the outstanding issues for the season:

1. How will we resolve the love triangle? Will it even be resolved? I for one don't really know how the triangle will be dealt with. It's my assumption that must be *some* kind of resolution to the triangle; otherwise, I fear it'll feel even more dragged out than it did during the Konoe arc. But I'm open to waiting and seeing where the writers take us.

2. Related to the above, how exactly will Shana confess (assuming it happens, and it better happen--otherwise, I'll be scandalously disappointed)? This is a crucial scene, and I hope it'll be handled well.

3. I *still* think Konoe will be significant in the end; she will have *some* affect on Hecate. But what exactly, I don't know. IF this is handled well, it may very well redeem that horribly mishandled jealously arc from earlier this season.