View Single Post
Old 2011-11-25, 03:33   Link #9399
HasuMasu
*Artist

Capoeira, Judo, and "Mubyoushi".

Presumably more.

Quoting the novel to make Mubyoushi easier to understand.

Quote:
*Don*. She suddenly closed in on me quickly. The way she slid on the floor was perfect. No wait, that's one of the secret ancient techniques 'No Rhythm'[5A 11]
Simply put, humans live through 'rhythm'. Besides the heartbeat, there's the breathing rhythm, so for example, the so-called 'Matching presence' is a positive show of this. In contrast, a 'non-matching presence' would be the opposite.
An attack that deliberately messes with the rhythm of the opponent is called a 'Striking Rhythm'[5A 12], and one that controls is called the 'Equal Rhythm'[5A 13].
And the move of the highest class causes people to be unable to feel the rhythm. The martial art move that uses the undetectable rhythm is called 'No Rhythm'.
"Uh oh—"
With the sounds of three hits, my elbows, shoulders and abdomen got hit lightly, and while my body stiffened in reflex, sempai landed her palms on my chest.
"Kaa, haa...!"
The air in my lungs got forced out, shaking my consciousness. And then—
"Watch your feet."
*ZUDON!* My back landed hard on the tatami mat.
And as I got thrown- it seemed that she used the 'penetrate'[5A 14] move to touch several of my joints. Even though I tried to get up immediately, the slight numbness made it hard for me to move around easily.