View Single Post
Old 2011-08-12, 15:08   Link #23
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Syn really knows her games, I'll give you that...but since nobody has recommended it so far, I'll add the Starcraft series to the list. I found the SCII campaign mode very entertaining, if you haven't played the first ones you can always pick up the plot from the novels, if you're not into the first installments.
I also enjoyed Rise of Legends quite a lot, imo it was a very good attempt at a game of its kind, had a somewhat unique feeling to it...
From TBS-type, Heroes of Might and Magic V was good enough, I think VI will be coming out next year...and there's also Disciples III: Renaissance, kinda like the second one but with better graphics.
Unfortunately all the 3rd person adventure games I know are quite old, so I won't be listing them here, except Blade of Darkness, which is the best one I remember at the moment, a 2001 game that really didn't get enough credit. Think of it as the Demon's Souls of 10 years ago, you die lots and fighting is simple but fun.

EDIT: Seeing as you've already played HMMV, keep an eye out for VI, it's coming out in October.

Last edited by Kafriel; 2011-08-13 at 00:42.