View Single Post
Old 2009-12-19, 19:43   Link #703
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Chuck Norris huh?

At any rate, I pretty much agree with you. Claymores definitely cannot reproduce, but their is a a possibility that Awakened Beings can which I'm leaving out in the open. Good material for fanfiction when all else fails.

--

MisterJB is right; awakening freezes you in the physical age you were when you awakened; normally, this is in the physical prime of life as Claymore don't age physically past a certain point. Obviously however, since orphans are picked up when they are children, some make it to that age, others die, while others like Riful awaken before that time and now pay the price. All the other AB's however appeared to have been loyal soldiers and served at least, a fairly large amount of time since they are all grown adults.

As for that AB that Ophelia killed....she's a mystery to be honest.

And yes, Priscilla is a exception is every sense of the word. Could SHE bear children? I'm leaning more towards yes then Riful, because, despite her baby-face and big brown eyes, she's always been a little older then Riful. Now that's she's regained her natural growth with some fresh "nutrition", she looks like someone in her late teens. Even before then, when she was with Isley, if you compare the faces of her and Riful doing that mexican-standoff during Riful's recap, you can see Priscilla is older.

Of course, all else fails, just look at busts and compare. Riful doesn't have one whereas Priscilla does; as hilarious as that sounds, it at least shows us she made it to adolesence and has to have been, at the very very very least, 12 years old as a warrior(not to mention, she's taller then her too) Riful? I'm gonna say 9 years old, maybe 10. You can argue that she's merely flat-chested, but I'm not buying it. Maybe if she was an adult, obviously I would agree(after all, most of the warriors are adults and they don't exactly have twin juggernauts), but not like this.

You can also argue that her appearance, and thus her age, has changed because of Yagi's drawing style improving over-time they in the early chapters. Even then, it wouldn't matter because, whether you look at her in the Witch's Maw, or how she's drawn now, she's still virtually the same, face, build and all. Maybe the details are refined a bit, but her body tone hasn't changed whatsoever, just the detail.

But, again, Priscilla has always been an exception in just about every aspect, no matter which way you look at her, so it's better to focus on the others.

Last edited by Shiek927; 2009-12-19 at 20:47.