Thread: Playstation 4
View Single Post
Old 2013-02-20, 20:12   Link #158
com_gwp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
Just reading some news articles, Sony is already shooting itself in the foot if they don't fix things up- it appears to not be backwards compatible, or at least can't play PS3 games... as for PS2 or PS1, I haven't seen anything about those... yet

And if this isn't changed, if Sony adds this on top of not being able to play used games 9which again, nothing was said about )... Sony is going to alienate so many people that they might as well just go out of business
This really was to be expected when the leaks about a PC architecture came out. There's just no easy or cheap way to emulate/integrate the cell processor into the ps4.

But seriously, no UI and no system showcase? Is this what press conferences amount to these days? Like destiny's, all concepts and bullet points, a little graphical showcase. I'm honestly kinda disappointed, since there were almost zero surprises (asides from the awesome looking new inFAMOUS)

I'm thrilled to know its finally coming, the gaikai stuff sounds really really awesome, and man, some of those demos (that killzone draw distance, watchdog's demo, the deep down render) really hits the "next-gen" look, but I wished they had something more revolutionary to physically show off. I blame the leaks, takes away so much of the steam from this.

Last edited by com_gwp; 2013-02-20 at 20:31.
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote