View Single Post
Old 2010-01-05, 20:02   Link #6576
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
Nothing but useless hyperbole. You overemphasize the negative to an illogically excessive degree. No, the Japanese liberation was not what he was after. He is not that narrow-minded, not like Ohgi and the rest who can't see two feet beyond Japanese borders to save their lives. He was after something bigger, and the Japanese liberation was a part of that. Nunnally is a corollary to that. She is the only family he has left, and while the job is being done for her, nevertheless he is committed to it.
and you DONT see the irony of what you just said ?
you dont see how different it is from what he actually DOES ?
lelouch is NOT looking at a bigger picture
lelouch is looking at a very small, very sweet, wheelchair bound picture.
and thats ALL he cares about, if the choice is between freeing japan, and chasing after his sister, then screw japan

keep in mind that this battle to free japan, is what the members of the OOBK have spent YEARS fighting for (long before zero came along)
risking their lives for
losing people they loved for
but for lelouch, its just not important enough

Quote:
As I point out earlier, if you can honestly tell me you'd let your family die when you had the power to save them but were busy with something of similar importance, then I will take this position more seriously.
would i willingly cost an entire nation of 100 million people its freedom just to save one person ?
no.

Quote:
They try to kill him because they're idiots who were looking for someone to blame and got it. They're also horribly ungrateful, given everything he's done for them. To rationalize their actions, which are wholly inappropriate in myriad ways, as proof that Lelouch "had it coming", so to speak, is patently absurd.
they were trying to kill him because they learned who he really is
which is to say, someone who PRETENDS to be fighting for the UFN and its people, while in effect using them for his own goals
someone who massacres women and children (even japanese ones) when it suites him
in other words, a villain in hero's clothings