View Single Post
Old 2013-07-12, 23:12   Link #10869
Maudecai

Hi guys!

I am in desperate need of help trying to remember the name of a science fiction anime movie I watched many years ago. I think it would have been made around 2007 and it had a modern animation style.

I remember it being about two characters (almost no other characters at all) that worked in this underground warehouse piecing together/fixing corrupt data collected from a post apocalyptic earth. I remember they were trying to fix the coding of an image/video taken of a tree/the ocean or something, in a hope to discover more about earth as it had been uninhabitable for generations and they knew nothing about it.

I don't know if they were living in space or under ground but I remember it looking almost like a warehouse. I remember the people using punch cards to clock in to come to work in the warehouse that housed workstations for people repairing and researching books and data found on the earth. No one was allowed to leave as they feared the earth was uninhabitable. The movie focuses a lot on how the character feels trapped and that their lives have no point. As the character begins to repair and view more and more videos and pictures of how the earth used to be, they start to believe that the earth has rejuvenated itself and is habitable again. At the end of the movie the character gets sick of living in this sort of underground society and climbs up a utility ladder out into the earths atmosphere and see's blue sky.

It was a very slow, eerie sort of movie and I very much want to watch it again. Does any one have ideas? Its driving me crazy! I've been searching the internet for weeks but I think its a rare movie.

Thanks so much if you have any ideas :P

Last edited by Maudecai; 2013-07-12 at 23:31. Reason: Adding more detail as I think of it
Maudecai is offline   Reply With Quote