View Single Post
Old 2013-11-26, 19:53   Link #7
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Well, after looking into things (CR on TV via PC, Playstation 4), I think I've decided on how I want CR on this TV. I think I'll buy an Apple TV.

For starters, the Playstation 4 CR app only goes up to 720p. CR people will probably make it 1080p eventually, but they don't have too many technicians to work on these CR apps, so it takes time for them to make them. I am getting a 1080p TV soon, so I want CR in 1080p. Also, you can't hear CR content on headphones which are plugged into the headphone jack of the PS4 controller. I have a peripheral that allows you to use headphones on an HDTV, it is just that it is a little box with a couple of wires and so it is a bit more clutter and wires in a place that already has clutter and wires. Using headphones via a PS4 controller would have been a plus, but this peripheral I have works perfectly well and the clutter it adds isn't bad.

The CR experience you get varies on different devices. It is great on PC. I tried it on PS3 and didn't like it. Clunky, stuttering, not a smooth experience. The Playstation 4 is supposed to be one of the best CR experiences. I also found out that the Apple TV is one of the best CR experiences you can get, and it supports up to 1080p.

So I will get an Apple TV for CR on my TV.