View Single Post
Old 2007-01-12, 02:01   Link #53
Mirrinus
Bemused Scholar

Hi there, long time lurker, first time poster. I've been eagerly following the novel translations.

Anyway, I was thinking about how the second season could be made and ordered to match the random-like style of the first, and thought, how likely could it be for the first broadcast episode of the second season to be Haruhi Theater?

From what I understand, Haruhi Theater was written by Tanigawa and serialized in the August 2004 edition of The Sneaker, but was never compiled into novel form. The feel of the story is quite similar to The Adventures of Asahina Mikuru Episode 00. It's quite random, with no real impact to the actual plot. Also requires little background knowledge, just good-old Haruhi showing off her nigh-omnipotent powers and indominable personality.

Here's a link to a fan translation:

http://www12.brinkster.com/stratoct/HaruhiTheater.htm

Anyway, while reading through Snow Mountain Syndrome again, I stumbled across this passage that I missed the first time:

Spoiler:

That scene in Snow Mountain is a clear reference to Haruhi Theater. If Snow Mountain appears in season 2 (which I think there's a good chance for), then I think Haruhi Theater has a shot at being animated. If anything, it's something that could even throw some novel readers off. ^_^

Last edited by Mirrinus; 2007-01-12 at 02:50.